MAXILLARY SINUS LIFT: FROM THE ANATOMY TO THE MANAGEMENT OF COMPLICATIONS
Often, the posterior edentulous maxilla shows a height and a bone quantity that is not sufficient for the positioning of dental implants. This condition is often influenced by the degree of resorption of the alveolar ridges as well as of the dimensions of the maxillary sinus. Two techniques have been studied to increase the bone inside the sinus: the Tatum technique, more invasive which concerns a lateral window of the maxillary sinus and a less invasive technique with Summers osteotomes with a crestal approach.
In this course we will deal with the crestal approach both with the osteotomes technique and with the “Rialto” kit.
Friday from 9.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
– Anatomy and physiology of the maxillary sinus
– Pathologies of the maxillary sinus of odontostomatological interest (Odontogenic Maxillary Sinusopathies: A radiological Classification)
– Diagnosis and correct surgical planification
– Radiological exams. Orthopanoramic -endoral or Cone beam
– Crestal approach or lateral window approach
– Choice of the shape of the implant
– Comparison of the filling materials…or just clot?
– Complications and their management
From 1.00 p.m. to 2.30 p.m.
From 2.30 p.m. to 6.00 p.m.
– Description of the technique with the osteotomes with operative steps step by step. Presentation of clinical cases.
– Presentation of the “Rialto” kit
– Description of the technique with the “Rialto” kit with operative steps step by step. Presentation of clinical cases.
Saturday from 9.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Practical training on didactic models. Model in stereolithography produced by BTK with cat of the possible patients. Selection of the clinical cases of the participants to treat in successive practical meetings that must be scheduled.
– Participants might benefit of an individual live surgery in the following days after the course. The cases that will be treated will be followed from the diagnostic phase to the prosthetic rehabilitation.
Doc. STEFANO VOLPE
Graduated in medicine and surgery at the “La Sapienza” in Rome and specialized in Odontostomatology in the same university. Partner of the European Association for Osseointegration (EAO), Founder of the “Fiera-Feltre Implant Group Research”. Member of the Editorial Board of the Clinical Implant Dentistry and Related Research (CIDRR) review. Speaker in numerous national and international congress and in Master’s degrees and private training courses.
Author and co-author of scientific articles in the field of paradontology, bone reconstruction and oral implantology. He works in his office in Rome in the field of paradontology, implantology and prosthesi; he deals meanly with complex cases which are approached in an interdisciplinary perspective.
Prof. STEFANO DI GIROLAMO
Specialist in Audiology, Otorhinolaryngology and Cervical-Facial Surgery. Full professor at the Tor Vergata University. Director of the Unit of Otorhinolaryngology of the polyclinic Tor Vergata. Director of the Specialization School in Otorhinolaryngology and Cervical-Facial Surgery.
STUDIO DOTT. STEFANO VOLPE
PIAZZA DEL FANTE,10
(Italiano) ricerca (Italiano) Relatori di alto calibro.
(Italiano) accreditamento (Italiano) Evento accreditato ECM.
(Italiano) interazione (Italiano) Il Networking è fondamentale ad ogni evento.
(Italiano) ospitalità (Italiano) Ogni location è studiata in ogni dettaglio.